Gmail messages won't load!

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
remitdlo

Gmail messages won't load!

Post by remitdlo »

:? I am running Thunderbird on my iMac as imap.gmail.com and my android phone currently with no problems. I am trying to install on a macbook pro downloaded the same version (current) but after normal installation I get "The current operation on 'inbox' did not succeed. The mail server of account Tim..." I have compared the setting in the iMac to the new MacBook and they are the same. Any suggestions?
Last edited by DanRaisch on December 9th, 2017, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from previous thread as that discussion involved Yahoo and not Gmail.
tanstaafl

Re: Gmail messages won't load!

Post by tanstaafl »

I've seen that error message with a couple of IMAP accounts such as Yahoo, Outlook and Comcast (always a temporary problem that the server admin eventually fixes), but never with Gmail.

I suggest you compare the settings in tools -> account settings -> Gmail -> server settings -> advanced too. That specifies things such as what namespace to use, and what the IMAP server directory is. I always set the latter to [Gmail] to make the folder hierarchy in the folder pane more sensible.

Another possibility is that the Gmail IMAP account settings are the same on both machines, but "Settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP ->Enable IMAP" might not have been set in the second google account using a browser. I found one example of that at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1103857

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Gmail
remitdlo

Post by remitdlo »

Thank you for the response. It does appear to have been temporary as of this morning all work.
zamakli

Post by zamakli »

I keep all my texts from the people I regularly text and I was going back on a convo and wanted to see something they texted me a month ago, but i was scrolling up like I normally do, and it stopped at a certain point and wouldn't load anymore.Now I know I didn't delete the texts before that point, and I tried with other people and it's letting me go back up to a year. I tried force closing the Messages app and restarting my phone and nothing.
Last edited by James on June 29th, 2018, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited in a spam link after.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

zamakli, are you referring to emails or text messages, because this topic concerned the former and doesn't have anything to do with SMS messages (texts) sent from a phone.