Repair folder not working

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Kerrith1

Repair folder not working

Post by Kerrith1 »

I keep getting an error suggesting > Properties > Repair folder for one folder that has three subfolders. I repair the main folder and its subfolders but a day later I get the same warning.

Got fix?

Thanks, Kerry
DanRaisch

Re: Repair folder not working

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
Is the problem parent folder the Inbox?
Kerrith1

Post by Kerrith1 »

Hi Dan,

All the accounts are POP.
Re: "Is the problem parent folder the Inbox?" No. It's one of 14 folders under the Inbox.

Thanks, Kerry
TB 52.5.0 (32-bit)
Windows 10 Pro
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Let's start by forcing Thunderbird to rebuild the summary file (think index) for that particular sub-folder. First back up your Thunderbird Profile -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup. With Thunderbird closed, look in the profile folder ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird ) and find and delete the file with the .msf file extension that has the same name as the sub-folder which is having the problem. In other words, if the problem sub-folder is named BookClub, the file to be deleted would be named BookClub.msf. After deleting that file, start Thunderbird, access that sub-folder and see if there are any issues.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

> I keep getting an error suggesting

What about - what error are you getting?? (screen shot or text please)