Deleted emails reappearing in InBox?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Flycaster

Deleted emails reappearing in InBox?

Post by Flycaster »

What's up. I just got about 330 emails that already have been deleted, many of them months ago. Also, got a lot of duplicates. All appeared in only one of my accounts' (have 3) In Box - the main one. I have the newest version of TB.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
tanstaafl

Re: Deleted emails reappearing in InBox?

Post by tanstaafl »

That is a typical symptom of a corrupted inbox folder. Try moving most of the messages that you want to keep to other folders/child folders, and then compact the folders. I suggest you try to keep less than 500 messages in your inbox. Its not the total size of the folder that is the issue, its the number of messages and the number of deleted (but not physically removed) messages in it that counts.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Compacting_folders
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Are you saying that my InBox folder is corrupted because I'm holding too many emails? If so, I don't think this is the case as I am always deleting unwanted emails and compacting all the time. In fact at the time of this issue, I only had about a total of 15 emails within this folder. I have never had more than about 30 or so emails in this box at any one time.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

If you had 300 deleted emails resurrect themselves then your compacting is not physically removing as many deleted messages as you expected. Are you using a POP or IMAP account?
Flycaster

Post by Flycaster »

Using an IMAP account. it appears that I am getting duplicate emails from just one site. The site is my communities web site and it comes from the Message Board site???