TB 38.5 Saved Passwords won't fully delete

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: TB 38.5 Saved Passwords won't fully delete

Post by DanRaisch »

Outlook doesn't have the best track record with server support in a number of areas, with their outgoing server being reported as problematic by a good number of people.
On the other hand, what security software are you running on that system, and is it set to NOT scan outgoing email messages (assuming it has that capability)?
BretMan

Post by BretMan »

Interesting. I use Windows Defender in real time protection mode. According to what Microsoft describes about it, I don't see anything about it having an outgoing or incoming email scan feature. I also do a full system scan with Matwarebytes once a week.

Which email services do you consider to be the best?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Well, I've used four different systems over time and the one that gives me the least trouble is actually that of my Internet service provider. I know that others don't see ISPs as good sources for email because it's not their real focus and email is just a cost center for them, but my experience has not shown any issues because of that.

Between the major email services, it seems from what I've noticed on the board that Gmail is better than Hotmail which is better than Yahoo.
BretMan

Post by BretMan »

Of those, I think Hotmail was originally (mid-1990s) a Microsoft product, and still is as far as I know. I remember a lot of people who thought they were "sexy" immediately switched to it. I think there was a requirement for existing Hotmail users to switch to Outlook a couple years ago. I know Verizon is one of the most reliable cell services and they bought Yahoo recently. Maybe they can fix Yahoo. ATT/Bellsouth is my ISP and Bellsouth, which used Yahoo as mentioned above, presented the problems forcing me to switch to Outlook.com. I had read reviews that Outlook is the best for the package of tools you get and for privacy - which is a big deal for me and my work. Yahoo had that major hacking intrusion a few years ago and then it happened again. Gmail/Google of course, collects and sells your data so that's not for me. Let's see if Outlook.com get that outgoing server issue fixed soon.

As always, Thanks for you help.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

"Gmail/Google of course, collects and sells your data so that's not for me"

They claim to have stopped scanning your mail for advertisement purposes last year. If you are using a email client in the USA I think a bigger worry is your ISP collecting and selling information about you.