Moving POP mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
emaharg

Moving POP mail

Post by emaharg »

I like to use POP as I DO want to keep my emails on my own drive - I often go to locations where there is no internet.
However, I do not always travel with my computer..but use different ones in different locations. Is it possible to run TB as POPMAIL, with all my folders on an external hard drive, which I would take with me, and plug into the computer wherever I am?

Would you recommend then that I have [b][u]just[/u][/b] my profile and the folders ("local folders" etc) on the external drive - and if so how do I word the profile so that it is not confused by the different address (eg sometimes my external drive is F or G or H)--or

alternately would you suggest I install the whole programme of TB on the external harddrive and run it from there?
runs Chrome 71, Thunderbird 60.5 32bit, Windows 7 (64bit), uses TB with POP not IMAP
DanRaisch

Re: Moving POP mail

Post by DanRaisch »

You might find this version of Thunderbird useful -- https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/ ... d_portable
Using that would simplify things by allowing you run run TB from the external drive and have the profile on that same drive.
emaharg

Post by emaharg »

that has achieved precisely what I wanted, thank you!
runs Chrome 71, Thunderbird 60.5 32bit, Windows 7 (64bit), uses TB with POP not IMAP
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.