cannot format text at all

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Ebenezer777

cannot format text at all

Post by Ebenezer777 »

When I first used Thunderbird I was able to select colour of text, type of text, italics, etc. in fact none of the formatting functions work at all. I tried uninstalling Thunderbird, and reinstalling but nothing changed. Is something missing from the programme
tanstaafl

Re: cannot format text at all

Post by tanstaafl »

Check that tools -> account_name -> account settings -> composition & addressing -> "compose messages in HTML format" is checked. You can also hold down the Shift key when you click on the Write button to temporarily toggle the setting (from plain text to HTML, or vice versa).
Ebenezer777

Re: cannot format text at all

Post by Ebenezer777 »

tanstaafl wrote:Check that tools -> account_name -> account settings -> composition & addressing -> "compose messages in HTML format" is checked. You can also hold down the Shift key when you click on the Write button to temporarily toggle the setting (from plain text to HTML, or vice versa).
I have checked those items over and over, it makes no difference. Under the composition & addressing also tried a click on Global Composing Preferences, but it make absolutely no difference at all. I cannot change to the font i want either.