Is there any issue with ymail now?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
tanstaafl

Re: Is there any issue with ymail now?

Post by tanstaafl »

I read through both bug reports and it seems the main bug is that if you don't enable "allow insecure apps" and the password TB sends is rejected, it ignores that fact and continues its merry way, resulting in [CLIENTBUG] responses. There is also a problem with retries. Those are real bugs and its good that they're being fixed, but I don't think its what I've been running into for several years. I have a working configuration with "allow insecure apps" enabled that suddenly goes bad for a day or two and then works okay with no changes on my part later on. I never get prompted for a password like you'd expect if its doing a retry due to a password being rejected. I know there are lots of bugs in Thunderbird's error handling (or lack of in some cases) but the symptoms I'm running into seems like it's a temporary server problem since I've recently had the same problem with daily builds.
bogdanw

Re: Is there any issue with ymail now?

Post by bogdanw »

tanstaafl wrote:Perhaps you have offline folders enabled in the synchronization & storage settings.
Of course, but that's a default setting.
lem3 wrote:If so, a patch has been developed, but not due to hit until 58.0.
Have you tried a beta version? https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/beta/all/ Should I install the latest one or a 58 version?
Thunderbird 52.6.0 (64-bit) MacOS 10.13.3