Display in address column in Write, no e mail address

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rgh43

Display in address column in Write, no e mail address

Post by rgh43 »

Trying to get an address book to display or give me the option to display the e mail address along with the display name on when I open Write. I have done this many times but can’t seem to remember what I have to tick to get it. Seems like a small icon in top upper right of the column which you open gives you the choice of name & e mail, I don’t see that icon nor can I find anything that will allow me to do what I want. I have 2 profiles and mine is OK, has the icon upper right as it should.
DanRaisch

Re: Display in address column in Write, no e mail address

Post by DanRaisch »

If you are talking about the address book display, it should look something like this, and the drop down list can be displayed by clicking where the arrow points --

Or, if you are talking about the Contact Sidebar in the Compose window, it should look like this --

rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

As I was going thru theToolbar trying to figure out what wasn’t checked in the I must have clicked on something that would make it appear as I now have that icon in the contact sidebar section like it should be. After I posted the question I left & I shut the PC down and after returning I started it up I looked at my e mail ans saw your reply so I went & checked the e mail profile in question & it was now there already checked so that all the e mail addresses in the sidebar were showing. What is it that has to be checked to make that icon appear?

Thanks for the assistance again Dan.
rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

Now I see that I forgot to ask the other question. When looking at either e mail account in the sidebar for our e mail, with Inbox, Drafts, Sent, trash etc I do not have a count even though I have several e mail that have been sent there after writing or reading etc. For instance I can open Trash & see several e mails I have deleted. I do not have that little icon to check to add the count that goes up or down when adding or deleting from the respective folders? How do I get it back?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try menu path View->Layout->Folder pane columns.
rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

Dan, Thanks that did it. All is well.
rgh43

Post by rgh43 »

PS: How do you mark the issue solved?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You can edit the subject of the initial post to include "(Resolved)" or something of the sort.