Lightning "Dismiss" vs. "Dismiss All"

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ACFairbanks

Lightning "Dismiss" vs. "Dismiss All"

Post by ACFairbanks »

Howdy,

When using Lightning Calendar, what is the functional difference between clicking "Dismiss" and "Dismiss All?"

Sincere thanks,

A.C.
smsmith

Re: Lightning "Dismiss" vs. "Dismiss All"

Post by smsmith »

Dismiss would dismiss the reminder for the event selected in the list of reminders. Dismiss all would dismiss all reminders, regardless of which event is selected.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ACFairbanks

Post by ACFairbanks »

Hi, and thanks for the speedy response.

So, if I have an event, and it has 5 reminders associated with it... Clicking Dismiss All will delete the 5 reminders, but will not delete reminders associated with another event. Is that correct?

All the best,

A.C.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

It would only dismiss the current reminder for that single event. If you have somehow told the event to remind you 5 days prior, 4 days prior, etc., just the current reminder would be dismissed, and the next reminder for that event should trigger at the appropriate time.

If you had 5 event reminders in the window and each had three separate reminders (but only one of those reminders is showing) and you hit the Dismiss All button, the 5 current reminders would be dismissed, but the next reminder for each event should still trigger.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ACFairbanks

Post by ACFairbanks »

Sincere thanks, as before,

A.C.