Lock? on email icon inside TB

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
anreggio

Lock? on email icon inside TB

Post by anreggio »

After away a while I checked TB and noted after 3/09/18 inbound mail stopped . I sent a system check out to a gmail account with out a problem. Went to originating imap or pop account at comcast and sure enough the new emails are being collected. But when TB opens no new emails come in.

I am wondering what that little lock icon means and how to correct the situation.
makaiguy

Re: Lock? on email icon inside TB

Post by makaiguy »

Do you mean the little lock superimposed over the left of the envelope beside the account name in the left pane?

That just means the account is set up with SSL security in the security settings. If you change the Connection Security setting to "None" the lock disappears, but if the server requires a secure connection, you won't be able to connect.
Last edited by makaiguy on March 22nd, 2018, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Re: Lock? on email icon inside TB

Post by DanRaisch »

I sent a system check out to a gmail account with out a problem.
What is "a system check"?
Please clarify: do you have accounts with both Gmail and Comcast set up in Thunderbird?
What version of Thunderbird are you using and did it update around the 3/9/18 date?
What security software is running on that system?