Change default folder to store emails etc.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
scopio

Change default folder to store emails etc.

Post by scopio »

I will be installing Thunderbird but before I do so I would like to know if and how I can force Thunderbird to store all my data such as emails to my HDD D: drive instead of to my SSD C: drive so I can save space on my SSD.
Any help would be much appreciated.
MdniteEagl

Re: Change default folder to store emails etc.

Post by MdniteEagl »

Go to Tools -> Account Settings. For each mailbox you have, go to the Server Settings subcategory, and at the bottom of the window, you'll see "Local Directory:" with the default directory on the C drive in Users/username/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird... (etc.)". next to that is a Browse box - click it and change that to the directory you want to use on the drive you want to use. On "Local Folders", the directory box is at the main category heading. You must do this for each mail account you want to put on your D drive.
Tower: HP EliteDesk 705 G3 - Win 10 Pro - AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 1500 - 64GB (4x16GB) 2133MHz DDR4 - Fox 77.0.1/TB 68.9/Edge 83.0
Laptop: HP ZBook 17 G4 - Win 10 Pro for Workstations - Intel Xeon E3-1535M - 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz DDR4 - Fox 77.0.1/TB 68.9/Edge 83.0
scopio

Re: Change default folder to store emails etc.

Post by scopio »

Thanks MdniteEagle for your prompt reply.
I shall have a go and let you know how I got on.