Tbird corrupted?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
psu69

Tbird corrupted?

Post by psu69 »

I can no longer get email from Comcast. I can read existing email and address file. I can send email, but Tbird can't save it in the Send file. This may have happened after a Windows update on 3/31. I uninstalled and re-installed Tbird with no effect. I went to a system restore point prior to the Windows update. I also did a 'complete' uninstall and tried a re-install, but Tbird didn't recognize my existing Comcast email address. Could it be a Comcast glitch? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :?:
tanstaafl

Re: Tbird corrupted?

Post by tanstaafl »

If you log into comcast webmail using a browser and send a message does it successfully save the sent message in the correct folder?

Right click on the comcast inbox in Thunderbird's folder pane and select properties and then the quota tab. What %full does it return?

As an experiment try specifying a different sent folder (create a new folder such as Sent2 beforehand) in tools -> account settings -> comcast -> copies & folders. You'd lose the ability to have a common sent folder for Thunderbird and webmail but it might workaround the problem.

My comcast IMAP account is working fine but that means little.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
psu69

Post by psu69 »

Amazingly, it started working last night. The only difference was the wi-fi network. My guess is that the problem was with Comcast. However, I have been having a junk mail problem. I may post on that later.

Anyway, thanks for the great replies!