TB Now Requires Passwords Every Time I Open It...

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
RosieRose

TB Now Requires Passwords Every Time I Open It...

Post by RosieRose »

Out of the blue, Thunderbird, now, asks me for all the passwords to my email accounts whenever I open it up (I have 7 accounts).

Is this a new feature of Thunderbird from a recent update or some kind of glitch which has come up?

(Don't know if my version of TB shows up, so, just in case, it's 52.6.0.)
HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop, 12 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB SATA, Intel® HD Graphics 620, DVD Writer
DanRaisch

Re: TB Now Requires Passwords Every Time I Open It...

Post by DanRaisch »

It's possible that Thunderbird mistakenly believes that you have set a Master Password. To resolve that issue, see this article --- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_passwo ... etting_one

If that does not resolve the problem: Did you ever set Thunderbird to save your passwords to automatically submit them when the email servers request that information? If you had done that and it now does not remember those passwords, go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete the stored passwords. Restart Thunderbird. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.
RosieRose

Post by RosieRose »

DanRaisch wrote:It's possible that Thunderbird mistakenly believes that you have set a Master Password. To resolve that issue, see this article --- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Master_passwo ... etting_one

If that does not resolve the problem: Did you ever set Thunderbird to save your passwords to automatically submit them when the email servers request that information? If you had done that and it now does not remember those passwords, go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete the stored passwords. Restart Thunderbird. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.
I thought I checked the Save Password feature. Obviously I didn't. I'll do that now.

Thanks for your help.
HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop, 12 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM, Intel® Core™ i5, 1 TB SATA, Intel® HD Graphics 620, DVD Writer
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.