TB keeps asking for password (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jojopara

TB keeps asking for password (Linux)

Post by jojopara »

Hello,

I have been using TB for some 15 years now. From time to time it starts asking for password. Usually I wait for some time and restarted it and the problem is gone. This seem to be a server downtime.

Today I created my account anew in the morning and I received my emails. This evening the trouble started again. Even new account set-up did not help. My other yahoo account is unaffected. This makes me think the problem is with the client.

Please help. I do not want for change the client - so far.

Linux Mint 18.3, TB 52.7.0
Last edited by DanRaisch on April 10th, 2018, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
DanRaisch

Re: TB keeps asking for password

Post by DanRaisch »

If the problem disappears with no changes being made to Thunderbird it wouldn't seem logical to suspect the client. That result points to the server.
That said, go to Edit → Preferences ->SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete old passwords. Restart Thunderbird to ensure that the stored password is cleared from memory. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.
jojopara

Re: TB keeps asking for password (Linux)

Post by jojopara »

Dan, thank you for the answer.

I have already done what you suggest. What surprises me is the fact that my other yahoo account works flawlessly. I moved the Inbox messages to anothe folder and will wait to see if this occurs again.