Forwarded email missing previous content

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
eL_JeeZy

Forwarded email missing previous content

Post by eL_JeeZy »

Hello,

I was testing encrypted message forwarding with a fellow user and we noticed that the preceding text was being stripped once the user (using Thunderbird) forwards an email to someone else. There was just plain text in the previous email. Is there a setting that we need to check to ensure that the preceding text from the earlier email doesn't get stripped or removed when forwarding a message?

Thanks!

LGz
tanstaafl

Re: Forwarded email missing previous content

Post by tanstaafl »

I haven't heard of that problem before, and couldn't find anything related with a quick google search.

* Are you using S/MIME or the Enigmail add-on? If Enigmail, what version of the add-on and what version of GnuPG?

* Does your copy of the forwarded message (in whatever Sent folder you use) have the same symptoms or does only the recipient run into this problem?

* I assume you are forwarding the message inline. Does the same problem occur if you forward it as an attachment?

* If you view the raw message source using view -> message source or Control->U, does the message contain the missing preceding text? I'm asking to verify that its not some type of a display problem.
toolong

Re: Forwarded email missing previous content

Post by toolong »

If you are using Thunderbird as your Email client and using the Extension named Enigmail for your encryption I would suggest that you ask here:

enigmail-users@enigmail.net

Which will connect you with the author and knowledgeable users of the extension.

Good luck.