How to export spam blacklist?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
nodnolse

How to export spam blacklist?

Post by nodnolse »

HI,
I need to import into an "existing profileZZZ" with many email accounts configured (#14 accounts) the list of email addresses marked as spam (spam blacklist) from an existing email account resident into profileBBB that inside has only 2 email accounts configured. I'd like to find a way to import that list into the new created email account that is resident into the existingZZZ profile.

Do you know if there is a way? I googled a bit but I haven't found nothing to execute this task. ](*,) #-o :-k

Thanks in advance

Paolo
DanRaisch

Re: How to export spam blacklist?

Post by DanRaisch »

There is no black list of specific addresses per se. What might help with your task is to copy the file containing Junk Mail training data ( training.dat ) and also any account specific message filters that you may have created. The latter would be found in the directory of each email account and have the name msgFilterRules.dat.
Finally, copying over the address book files from profileZZZ to profile BBB would ensure that the Junk Mail Controls would use the same address book data as a white list of senders whose messages would not be considered Junk. The default address book files for a profile are abook.mab and history.mab. If you have imported data or manually created additional address books they would have to be imported because simply copying over their files would not cause them to be recognized by Thunderbird.
nodnolse

Post by nodnolse »

Thaks Dan,

I'm glad to know that this task is possible to manage, but honestly I find the procedures very long. Anyway, if no other ways exists, I'll use the one that you have suggested me.

Thank you a lot and Best Regards

Paolo
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome and good luck with the process.