Thunderbird Archive folder location on iphone email annyoing

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jpvMoz

Thunderbird Archive folder location on iphone email annyoing

Post by jpvMoz »

I had the standard Archive folder on Thunderbird listed by year and with the archive option to keep the folder structure. This has now become very unwieldy when checking synched mail on my iphone. When I check my email on the iphone the Archive folder lists the year and folder structure (over 30 lines) above the Iphone Inbox which is most annoying. I decided to create a new archive folder, Zarchive, and change the the Archive account "Other" option to be of the same name ,ie, to start with Z hoping to bring archived mail to the bottom of the iphone listings. I copied the Archive and its sub-folders to Zarchive and it appeared to do so OK. Afterward the sub-folders of Archive were deleted but I discovered the archived emails remained sans the folders. I ended up with 2 archive folders on both TB and iphone and now when I archive messages they still go to Archive not Zarchive as intended. Further attempts to correct this seemed to worsen my intention to just get the Archive folder out of the way when I check email on my iphone. This would also prevent me from accidentally moving read mail to subfolders under Archive instead of the standard subfolders. Where have I gone wrong? It seems that one would only need to rename the Archive folder but I guess it is a hard standard? Ideally I want one Archive folder preferably at the bottom of my folder structure or some way to expand the original Archive folder only at my discretion on both TB and iphone. I use the yahoo imap service on a linux server.
tanstaafl

Re: Thunderbird Archive folder location on iphone email anny

Post by tanstaafl »

I suggest you don't just change the archive folder name, configure the settings in copies & folders to use a different child folder as the root of the archive tree. You don't have to have a separate archive for each account or have the archive within the accounts folders. You could use a child folder within "Local Folders" as the root of the archive for all accounts if you wanted to.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Archiving_your_e-mail