new email notification not working anymore

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
plonkplonk

new email notification not working anymore

Post by plonkplonk »

Hi.

I've been using TB for years and the new email notification suddenly stopped working. I'm on 57.7.0 on a Win 7 platform.

I haven't made any changes that I'm aware of, other than changing the setting for "automatically install updates" to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to install them." Changing it back had no effect. TB is set to check for new emails every minute but I now have to click "Get Messages" to get my mail. Strangely enough, it does check for new messages on startup...

Have confirmed "show an alert" and "show a try icon" in Options>General are both checked.

Any suggestion on what to try next?

Thanks.
plonkplonk

Re: new email notification not working anymore

Post by plonkplonk »

I forgot to mention that I'm also not getting the "change in color" and "Inbox new email count" for any of my email accounts in TB's left panel anymore either.
plonkplonk

Re: new email notification not working anymore (SOLVED)

Post by plonkplonk »

plonkplonk wrote:Hi.

I've been using TB for years and the new email notification suddenly stopped working. I'm on 57.7.0 on a Win 7 platform.

I haven't made any changes that I'm aware of, other than changing the setting for "automatically install updates" to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to install them." Changing it back had no effect. TB is set to check for new emails every minute but I now have to click "Get Messages" to get my mail. Strangely enough, it does check for new messages on startup...

Have confirmed "show an alert" and "show a try icon" in Options>General are both checked.

Any suggestion on what to try next?

Thanks.
Solved. But i don't know why it worked.

I noticed the clock in the taskbar was off by a day (clock must have changed itself for some reason when I got the BSOD the other day and I just noticed it now...) and when I corrected that, everything was fine!

Head scratcher, for sure.