Deleted messages lost forever (Linux)

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
wrknight

Deleted messages lost forever (Linux)

Post by wrknight »

I am using TB 52.7.0 (64bit) on Ubuntu Linux 16.4 and have 3 Gmail accounts. On two of these accounts, deleted email messages are placed in the Trash folder on the IMAP server and the Trash folder in TB. Deleted emails for the third account are lost forever. They do not show up in the Trash folder in TB or on the IMAP server. On the other hand, numerous copies of sent email messages appear in the Trash folder on the IMAP server.

For the two accounts that put deleted messages where they belong, the server settings for deleted messages reads
When I delete a message: move it to this folder "Choose forlder..."

For the account that loses the messages the server settings for deleted messages reads
When I delete a message: move it to this folder "Trash on myemail@gmail.com"
I cannot edit the folder name and my only options are to move it to "Inbox", "Drafts", "Archives", "Junk" or "Gmail-Important"
All other account settings are identical for all 3 accounts.

For the two accounts that put deleted emails in the Trash folders, the location of the trash folders in Folder Properties reads:
"imap://mygmail%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/%5BGmail%5D/Trash"
But for the account that loses deleted emails, the location of the Trash folders in Folder Properties reads:
"imap://mygmail1%40gmail.com@imap.gmail.com/Trash"
All other Trash folder properties are identical for all three accounts

So why are my deleted messages disappearing in one account and sent emails showing up in the same account's Trash folder on the IMAP server and how can I fix that?
Last edited by DanRaisch on May 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (Linux) added to subject line.
Daifne

Re: Deleted messages lost forever (Linux)

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support