Forcing a Contact to Be First

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Forcing a Contact to Be First

Post by ep2012 »

Hi there,

So I figure that the address book in TB figures out who you are pulling from your address book the most & they show up first as a suggested entry when you are composing an e-mail.

Or maybe it goes in alpha order, I don't know, but this one entry is always in my face first when I don't e-mail him anymore, I e-mail the person below him who's name is also Don.

Is there anyway I can make the one I really want move to the first suggested contact?

I actually have to go through 2 other e-mails to get to his because the first contact has 2 addys in his contact record.

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
DanRaisch

Re: Forcing a Contact to Be First

Post by DanRaisch »

Thunderbird offers auto-completion suggestions for outgoing addresses based on frequency of use, as you suggested first above. To get that "wrong" Don out of your way, write down the name and address information for him and then delete that particular contact record. Create a new contact record for the "wrong" Don and you should find the "right" Don showing up as the first offered option.
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Re: Forcing a Contact to Be First

Post by ep2012 »

Yeh I haven't written the wrong Don in ages, so I guess that's my only option.

Thanks
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!