Where is the dictionary?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
FrankSMS

Where is the dictionary?

Post by FrankSMS »

After spending a long time adding things to the spellcheck dictionary I thought it might be wise to back that thing up! But where is it? You'd think they would title it "DICTIONARY".
You'd think settings would be titled "SETTINGS".
I wonder why software designers seem to have such a problem with simple organization. The world wants to know. I see it in almost every program I look into. The strangest places for things with the strangest titles. Almost like they were purposely making it harder to find so its harder to manage so you are more likely to hire someone to help you. Must be the irrational conspiracy theorist in me.

Well hopefully some sharp Thunderbird enthusiast can piece this mystery together we can manage our email better.
WaltS48

Re: Where is the dictionary?

Post by WaltS48 »

Have you examined your profile folder for persdict.dat?

:idea: Just backup the whole profile.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

What is that?
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

moz2u wrote:What is that?
It is where:
Thunderbird stores all personal data such as messages, address books and configuration settings in an OS folder called the profile. A profile can contain one or more account for mail, RSS, news, etc. The first time you start Thunderbird it will automatically create a profile in a default location if it does not already exist. You can also use the Profile Manager to create a profile wherever you want (but don't create it in the Thunderbird program directory) or to delete or rename one.
REF: Profile Folder
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5