Deleting junk, but not all junk?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Flycaster

Deleting junk, but not all junk?

Post by Flycaster »

For the last week, or so, I have been getting droves of unwanted email: 6-8 at a time several times a day, all from the same source, all dated on the same day and time even though they come in at different times and different dates. The source seems to be quite legitimate, WeeklyGetaways.net <newsletter@weeklygetaways.net>. I never subscribed in the first place and I did unsubscribe - with comments via email, didn't help. I have labeled the roughly 24 emails/day as junk, but they only went into the Junk folder after I made a specific filter which will capture the email and put it into Junk. I know that I can have the email automatically deleted, but it is my understanding that in doing so, I also will be deleting "anything" else that is designated Junk. However, I hesitate to do this as I like to look at my junk to make sure it isn't junk. Certainly would appreciate it if there is a way to automatically delete specific emails without deleting all emails marked as junk?
Last edited by Flycaster on May 16th, 2018, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
DanRaisch

Re: Deleting junk, but not all junk?

Post by DanRaisch »

I also will be deleting "anything" else that is designated Junk.
Not so if you are moving these unwanted messages to the Junk folder using a filter. Just change the action of the filter from "Move Message to" to "Delete message".
Flycaster

Re: Deleting junk, but not all junk?

Post by Flycaster »

DanRaisch wrote:
I also will be deleting "anything" else that is designated Junk.
Not so if you are moving these unwanted messages to the Junk folder using a filter. Just change the action of the filter from "Move Message to" to "Delete message".
How simple! I overlooked that there were options in the Move box, just was focusing on the second box and used Junk as there was no Delete in the drop-down of that box.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender