"...general mapi failure" error need fix.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Flycaster

"...general mapi failure" error need fix.

Post by Flycaster »

Checked TB as my default email client on TB and Windows 10, it is. Nonetheless, I am getting a "general mapi failure" error when sending two 800x600 jpg images. Just happened today, but I think it may be due to yesterday's update to 52.8.0. Any fix, please.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender
tanstaafl

Re: "...general mapi failure" errorm need fix.

Post by tanstaafl »

Are you using another application such as MS-Word to send the message using the default email client (Thunderbird)? That uses SimpleMAPI to call the default email client (Thunderbird). If you are manually launching Thunderbird I wouldn't expect it to use MAPI.

I've updated several systems to use 52.8.0 and haven't run into your problem. I searched both our forums and SUMO and haven't noticed anybody else with the same problem.

What is the full text of the error message?
Does it occur if you don't have any attachments, when sending?
Does it occur for all of your accounts?

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird if you want to install an older copy of Thunderbird in a different directory, using the same profile, and see if it also has this problem.
Flycaster

Re: "...general mapi failure" errorm need fix.

Post by Flycaster »

tanstaafl wrote:
What is the full text of the error message?
Does it occur if you don't have any attachments, when sending?
Does it occur for all of your accounts?

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Go_back_to_an ... hunderbird if you want to install an older copy of Thunderbird in a different directory, using the same profile, and see if it also has this problem.
I was sending the pics as attachments from Faststone Image Viewer. Never had this problem before. Would like to tell you the exact error message, but the gremlins seemed to have fixed the problem as I don't think i did anything to answer the issue: Pics going through, now, and I can't duplicate the problem. BTW, during the problem, testing all three accounts, there were no errors in regular sending of email.
Windows 11, FF Latest, Edge v94, Thunderbird Latest, Defender