RSS Feeds: It seems impossible to delete a folder.

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
FrankSMS

Re: RSS Feeds: It seems impossible to delete a folder.

Post by FrankSMS »

errathunderbird you make some excellent points.
I think the only way I'll get any sanity is to wipe TB completely off my system after backing up relevant stuff, then reinstalling. If this isn't a good reason to have everything stored on your email provider's webmail, nothing is!
terrathunderbird

Post by terrathunderbird »

oh, gosh...did ou do it yet? make sure to follow the instructions that these other guys on this form lay out. they are really super smart. maybe start a new subject called "reinstalling" and let them give you the article wiht the instructions. i did it once and it worked well.

i no longer have most of my stuff on webmail. i was on Compuserve and last week downloaded 500,000 emails. I do have other webmails. but I"ve got a different risk profile now. i have two external drive backups. i might store one in a bank deposit box. yikes.
FrankSMS

Post by FrankSMS »

Wow...that's a lot of faith in webmail for half a million emails! I can't imagine organizing something like that. But many of us could accumulate that number over several years. Guess its important to purge stuff we know we won't need before it overwhelms us.
terrathunderbird

Post by terrathunderbird »

I "used to" have faith in Webmail. BUT I also had a TB copy of it all. It was HELL, the last couple weeks. But I'm done now, with backups on external drives, etc. Phew! I may also put an external drive in a bank vault! I'm exploring the ability to upload the historical emails (90% of hte 500,000) which were on Compuserve but no longer... poof. gone. I didn't want Oath/Verizon/Yahoo/AOL who bought Compuserve to have that history... But I might put it on GoDaddy. So far, I trust them, not to be scanning and/or losing private data.

Did you get your RSS feed to behave? Just curious...