Can't receive or send from one email address

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sjw54

Re: Can't receive or send from one email address

Post by sjw54 »

Oh.....I always wondered about that. MY friend, the computer wizard, is coming at 4pm today. I got a full time job so now he is only available on Saturdays. I can only hope that you are around if he cannot figure it out. He is not a fan of T-bird, but I love and and never want to give it up. Lots of people have tried to convince me to switch, but the person who set me up with a laptop from the start (it took me many years to even consider having one and it was a gift, so I had to take it) loved it and said it was the easiest and the best, and I still agree....when it works........which is most of the time. I hate the others...I love my T-bird. Thanks Dan....if we are lucky the weather sucks where you are too, and you will be home! :)
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

One more question, Dan. Since I have two verizon and two gmail addresses, and only the two verizon ones are having a problem, where should the problem lie?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

only the two verizon ones are having a problem, where should the problem lie?
It could be intermittent issues with the connection between your system and the Verizon servers.
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

Hello Dan, It seems the issues have been corrected, but I am wondering...since all this took place last month, I now get a popup every day to enter my password. It's a bit of a pain, but I am not sure whether I should check the box that asks if I want to 'use Password Manager to remember this password." Would that eliminate my having to enter the password every morning when I turn on the laptop? Thanks!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, it would allow Thunderbird to automatically submit the password when the server requests it.
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

Thanks so much.

Now if you all could just figure out how to stop the multiple duplicate emails from the past all showing up in our inboxes that would be awesome. It has improved from 300-400 to only under 40!!!