wrong default email

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
walkerpbus

Re: wrong default email

Post by walkerpbus »

It asks me "Do you want to send the email with the chosen identity"
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

sir, thank you but I saw nothing which would change anything.
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Do you have any identities set up for the account in which you are seeing that confirmation request?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Do you have any identities set up for the account in which you are seeing that confirmation request?
I think all of them (3)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Normally there would only be a default identity which would be exactly the same information (email address) as the email account itself. Unless you have a second entry in that Manage Identifies dialogue, that would not be the issue I was asking about.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Normally there would only be a default identity which would be exactly the same information (email address) as the email account itself. Unless you have a second entry in that Manage Identifies dialogue, that would not be the issue I was asking about.
I think I have a default identity; What is "Manage Identifies dialogue" & how does it relate to my problem?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

I just noted another anomaly with sending: send one email & it makes a change in options plus asks ione's consent twice
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

walkerpbus wrote:I just noted another anomaly with sending: send one email & it makes a change in options plus asks ione's consent twice
And what change in options would that be?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Thanks for your reply: 'confirm when using keyboard shortcut to send message" I used to hit Ctrl-Enter to send a message; now it asks for my permission 2 times either with that option on or with it off
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Try unchecking that option and then closing Thunderbird. Restart the program and see if the permission request appears when sending.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Review: I thought I had it fixed but maybe the switch to Tbird 60.0 changed it: I have 3 emails unified in 1 installation: 1st is one I used to use a lot; 2nd is my wife's; 3rd is my main desired one. When a website offers an email in Firefox & I click on it now it shows up the old 1st (undesired) account. Is there a place to specify the default email (#3) without completely changing the account settings? I would be most grateful for your help sir.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Menu path Tools->Account Settings->select your main desired account (click on the name)->Account Actions [at the bottom of the account list pane]->click on "Set as default".
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Menu path Tools->Account Settings->select your main desired account (click on the name)->Account Actions [at the bottom of the account list pane]->click on "Set as default".
Thank you sir, it worked!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.