wrong default email

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
DanRaisch

Re: wrong default email

Post by DanRaisch »

You CAN add return receipts, as noted here and above:
Return receipts are still available under menu path Tools->Options in the compose window.
Did you confirm that you have the latest version of Quick Text installed? Have you tried removing that extension and reinstalling it?

I'm not sure what more we can do in regard to the sending confirmation request without seeing what settings are selected, etc.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:You CAN add return receipts, as noted here and above:
Return receipts are still available under menu path Tools->Options in the compose window.
Did you confirm that you have the latest version of Quick Text installed? Have you tried removing that extension and reinstalling it?

I'm not sure what more we can do in regard to the sending confirmation request without seeing what settings are selected, etc.
Thank you sir. Several issues: I just found Tbird 60 which eliminated 1 complaint: I no longer have to confirm sending, I checked Quicktext afterward & it's compatible with TBird 60. But the real complaint is the standard send display doesn't allow several things it used to: return receipt only for that message, format, color & several options which I've somehow lost. Further more I don't know quite how to put a copy of the current send Without the email addresses here
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Please carefully reread my posts above as this is the third time I've stated this: You can still find the Return Receipt functionality in composition window, under the "Options" menu.
As for formatting, make sure that TB is set to compose in HTML format by using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing and selecting the first option to "Compose Messages in HTML format:.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Hi,
One more try...
Go to...> http://postimages.org/
(Using "postimages.org",
0/. Upload your image.
1/. Select > from the "Do not resize" drop down, 640 x 480.
2/. No expiration. (Leave as default or as you require.
3/. Choose > Images to upload.
3a/. After the image/s have been uploaded.
4/. Select > Hot Link for Forum.
5/. Paste that link in your forum thread.

&.....If you need to reduce the size, use this free program.
Faststone Photo Resizer 3.8 > http://faststone.org/
It has heaps of features.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

[quote="DanRaisch"]Please carefully reread my posts above as this is the third time I've stated this: You can still find the Return Receipt functionality in composition window, under the "Options" menu.
As for formatting, make sure that TB is set to compose in HTML format by using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing and selecting the first option to "Compose Messages in HTML format:.[/quote
Sir, Thanks for your reply.:"You can still find the Return Receipt functionality in composition window, under the "Options" menu." In the Options menu I couldn't find it. Or "By composition window" you mean when sending? Not there as far as I could determine either
I've got it set to always use HTML in options. By the way send has back that confirm message when I depressed the key Ctrl-S. I still bemoan the send options NOT: appearing in a live send 1. of format color, 2. underline as such,3.return receipt, 4.format type & 5. Quicktext (that's all I can remember)
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

There seems to be multiple problems in your current Thunderbird profile because you are not seeing things in Thunderbird that you should see when composing a message:

walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:There seems to be multiple problems in your current Thunderbird profile because you are not seeing things in Thunderbird that you should see when composing a message:

Thank you sir: You're right on target sir; can you direct me to a "clinic" to correct my TBird ailments? I printed a Mozilla page here in Firefox about the "send": it showed a File/Edit/view/format/options/tools/help which I didn't have & the next line had send/spelling/security/save: missing Attach in Mine
Last edited by walkerpbus on August 14th, 2018, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you saying that you have now "found" the "missing" items or are you saying that, despite looking in the locations shown in the image above, you still do not have access to the functionality we've been discussing?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Are you saying that you have now "found" the "missing" items or are you saying that, despite looking in the locations shown in the image above, you still do not have access to the functionality we've been discussing?
Sir, look again @ my last post; I added: " I printed a Mozilla page here in Firefox about the "send": it showed a File/Edit/view/format/options/tools/help which I didn't have & the next line had send/spelling/security/save & Attach on RH side of the send" It does have the top line showing the subject line
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Good. But can you now find the "Return Receipt" function under the Options menu? And what of the formatting toolbar?
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

DanRaisch wrote:Are you saying that you have now "found" the "missing" items or are you saying that, despite looking in the locations shown in the image above, you still do not have access to the functionality we've been discussing?
Thank you sir, yes "still do not have access to the functionality we've been discussing"
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Nothing's changed since yesterday; I don't have the proper sending tools. any suggestions? I tried to follow http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum but I somehow couldn't add it to this: besides, I couldn't remove my email address from a "send" either, right? Help sirs/madams. I'd like to be doing more important work. I am a Christian. ](*,)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I don't know if you will be comfortable tackling it but the next suggestion would be to create a new profile and try setting up on of the email accounts in that environment. If everything works as expected in that new profile we can talk about moving data from your old profile to the new. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... hunderbird
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Thanks for your reply sir: A church friend came by & modified my send popup which works perfectly except it has a bad habit of wanting to confirm the sender's identity when you hit send with a Ctrl-S: is there some option I can preset to eliminate that?
Last edited by walkerpbus on August 15th, 2018, 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I can’t say as I don’t know why that is happening. Please quote the exact text of that request.