Spell Check Subject Line

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Spell Check Subject Line

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

Whatever happened to the spell check for the subject line? It used to be a TB feature.

I just sent an e-mail with a typo to my new boss.

NOT COOL :(
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Re: Spell Check Subject Line

Post by tanstaafl »

Using Thunderbird 60 "enable spellcheck as you type" works for me in the Subject . Options -> check spelling doesn't detect the misspelled word in the Subject when I press "recheck text" but does detect it as soon as I press the Close button for that popup window. However, "check spelling before sending" didn't test the Subject. That's probably a regression bug.

Which one of those three methods did you use? I normally use "enable spellcheck as you type".
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

tanstaafl wrote:Using Thunderbird 60 "enable spellcheck as you type" works for me in the Subject . Options -> check spelling doesn't detect the misspelled word in the Subject when I press "recheck text" but does detect it as soon as I press the Close button for that popup window. However, "check spelling before sending" didn't test the Subject. That's probably a regression bug.

Which one of those three methods did you use? I normally use "enable spellcheck as you type".
Looks like I had check spelling as you type checked off, so I guess that doesn't work for me. I checked the other one off now, so I'll see.
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

tanstaafl wrote:Using Thunderbird 60 "enable spellcheck as you type" works for me in the Subject . Options -> check spelling doesn't detect the misspelled word in the Subject when I press "recheck text" but does detect it as soon as I press the Close button for that popup window. However, "check spelling before sending" didn't test the Subject. That's probably a regression bug.

P.S. How are you on 60? I'm on 52 with no new updates. Says I'm on the release program, whatever that is.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Version 60 is not available via automated upgrades yet. However, you can download the setup program for it from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ and install it. It will use your existing profile.
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

tanstaafl wrote:Version 60 is not available via automated upgrades yet. However, you can download the setup program for it from https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ and install it. It will use your existing profile.
Ok, is this BETA? I'm nervous about using BETA.

What are the major differences?

Thanks
ep2012

Post by ep2012 »

P.S. I just tested the subject line & even with that other setting checked off it is NOT spell checking the subject line :(
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Thunderbird.net has a released production version of version 60. It is NOT a beta. See https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thund ... easenotes/ for more information about version 60.