Messages Open in New Window Don't Stay

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Messages Open in New Window Don't Stay

Post by ep2012 »

Hi,

So I've recently noticed that something that was a feature before is no longer :(

I'm getting sick of them removing things I needed.

It looks like every time I open a message by double clicking on it, it closes the previous e-mail open like that.

Now I have to go search for it in a folder because normally it would have stayed open even after filing it. <sigh>
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Re: Messages Open in New Window Don't Stay

Post by tanstaafl »

That doesn't occur on my system (either 52.9.1 or 60) when configured to open a message in a tab. It appears to occur when configured to open a message in a new window. However, if I hover the mouse over the icon in the task bar I see the additional windows are open, they're just minimized. I'm on Windows 10, I don't know if it works differently under Windows 7.
ep2012
Location: If you aren't fighting in this war, YOU are part of the problem!

Post by ep2012 »

Yeh no, they aren't open.

I click & mouse over that area all the time & there's nothing there. Just my different search windows.

Unless there's a setting I don't have checked.
Ignoring the Truth about what is going on will NOT make it go away, it will only help those who are destroying US!
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Can you workaround this problem by setting "open new messages in new tab" in tools -> options -> display -> advanced?
Somebody

Post by Somebody »

Actually, I get the behavior described above, if I select "Existing Window" in the aforementioned settings dialog. The options "New Tab" and "New Window" work as expected here in TB 52 and TB 60.
Do you use any addons that change the default behavior (and maybe don't work anymore in TB 60)?