TB keeps asking me to re-enter password daily despite alread

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
m4m

TB keeps asking me to re-enter password daily despite alread

Post by m4m »

Hi, I use gmail, yahoo, outlook & hotmail. Some with 2FA enabled. None are new accounts. But recently it seems like everyday I'm prompted to re-enter passwords for assorted accounts, despite them already being correctly stored in saved passwords.
I've tried changing server settings authentication method between normal and oauth2, but still being prompted. Connection security: ssl/tls. I haven't changed that because I know if either of these settings sabotage my 2FA setup.
How do I resolve this?
DanRaisch

Re: TB keeps asking me to re-enter password daily despite al

Post by DanRaisch »

There's a known issue where a failed log in attempt can cause Thunderbird to ask for a password once access to the server is restored, even if there is a saved password. Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS >SECURITY > PASSWORDS tab> SAVED PASSWORDS button and there you can delete the old password for whichever account is requesting manual entry of the password. Restart Thunderbird to ensure that the stored password is cleared from memory. The next time you "Get Mail" Thunderbird will ask for the password and you can check the box to remember the value.

See this link for the menu path for a non-Windows OS -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
m4m

Post by m4m »

Working so far. Thank you.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.