Wrong smtp password

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mazenn

Re: Wrong smtp password

Post by mazenn »

I have no smtp password & need to set them but at this time I don't know what I should set them to nor how in options/security I can add the unknown password either
The below is the error message received.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

The below is the error message received.
No error message appeared in your post.

If you tried to attach a screen shot of an error message, see this link for information on how to accomplish that -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum

As for what to enter for an SMTP password when sending a message, it would normally be the same password required when logging into the account to receive passwords. If, for instance, upon launching Thunderbird a request for password dialogue pops up and you enter "password" as the value and then receive messages, you would enter "password" for the value when sending a message and the request appears for an SMTP password.

In regard to setting an SMTP password, there is no way to do that step separately in Thunderbird. You can only enter password information when it is requested by the server when Thunderbird connects to that outgoing (SMTP) server.
walkerpbus

Post by walkerpbus »

Sign in with Google
Couldn't sign you in
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@sil.org
Contact your domain admin for help.

HelpPrivacyTerms
Last edited by DanRaisch on November 19th, 2018, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Email address removed per forum rules. http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules#f4r4
Win 10 Pro desktop, but now 64-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on this machines.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I removed your email address from your post. Spammers harvest email addresses from public forums like this.

Have you tried logging onto that Gmail account using a browser to access the web mail page?