Thunderbird: replying to Emails sent to a forwarded address?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bex1210

Thunderbird: replying to Emails sent to a forwarded address?

Post by bex1210 »

I have Thunderbird 60 running on OS Windows 7 (Pro) SP1. I am a volunteer who handles the website for a large public park in my city. Because I am a volunteer, the website says that inquires should be sent to webmaster@largepublicpark.///. The hosting company has a forwarding feature. I have it set so that all Emails sent to webmaster@largepublicpark./// get forwarded to myname@myprovider.///. {Sorry for the /// suffixes, but that is the only way I could figure out to prevent the address from being shown as actual URLs.}

When I receive an Email sent to webmaster@largepublicpark./// , and I open it, the Thunderbird header says it was sent To: webmaster@largepublicpark./// . However, when I click the 'Reply' tab, the From: line indicates myname@myprovider.///. I tried the 'Customize From Address' feature, but it would not accept webmaster@largepublicpark./// .

So I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to get Thunderbird to have the reply come from webmaster@largepublicpark./// ?
2. If that answer is 'no', then is there some way I can send the reply with the From: line being blank?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Harry
sfhowes

Re: Thunderbird: replying to Emails sent to a forwarded addr

Post by sfhowes »

Open Tools/Account Settings, select the myprovider account in the left pane, then Manage Identities in the right pane, and Add the largepublicpark account as a new identity. When you reply to a message or start a new one, click the From: drop-down to select the largepublicpark identity. Some services like gmail require the 2nd identity to be added to the original one to have the 2nd identity appear as the sender.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Multiple_iden ... il_account
bex1210

Re: Thunderbird: replying to Emails sent to a forwarded addr

Post by bex1210 »

sfhowes wrote:Open Tools/Account Settings, select the myprovider account in the left pane, then Manage Identities in the right pane, and Add the largepublicpark account as a new identity. When you reply to a message or start a new one, click the From: drop-down to select the largepublicpark identity. Some services like gmail require the 2nd identity to be added to the original one to have the 2nd identity appear as the sender.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Multiple_iden ... il_account
Got it all set up. Although I did not actually send a reply or write a new Email, it looks like that will do the trick.

Thanks for your help, and prompt reply.

Harry