Can't receive or send from one email address

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sjw54

Re: Can't receive or send from one email address

Post by sjw54 »

I spoke too soon.....no more incoming on the verizon/aol address. So frustrating. Aol was having issues earlier but that seems to be resolved. Maybe after it is shut down for the night it will be ok in the morning. This is crazy.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You don't have to use the email system provided by your ISP. Maybe switch to a more reliable email provider?
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

I have to figure out a way to make all my emails gmail....I guess that would help...but I want to stay with TB...for sure....
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You can configure Gmail to automatically fetch mail from other accounts using the Mail Fetcher. Those messages would show up in the Gmail inbox in Thunderbird. You can also define multiple identities in the Gmail account in Thunderbird so that you can send mail using other email addresses (than your Gmail account' email address). That would let you have all of your mail sent and received using Gmail, but keep your existing email addresses. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Replace_sever ... ne_account for more information.
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

Thank you. I will have to have my tech friend over here to work that out...too complicated for my brain. Thank you very much.
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

Well, well, well. I should have known it would not last. My computer friend was here today. We changed my password for the two gmail accts because it needed to be stronger. We did not change the verizon/aol passwords. Everything was fine but I realized no incoming emails from the verizon addresses later. So I tried to open the AOL from their site and it does not open and the popup says:
This site can’t be reached oidc.mail.aol.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Meanwhile, I keep getting the popup on TB for the two addresses asking for my new password, when it was not changed. I tried the one I have always used, and it did not work, then I tried the one we changed on Google and of course that did not work. What to do? I cannot get any emails from those two addresses. I used to be able to go to AOL and get them, if not through TB. Now not at all.

Should I delete the passwords and start again? But why, if I never changed it today?

Please reply to my other address since I cannot get your reply any other way. sjwarren806@gmail.com
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You might have your PC configured to use just DNS servers from your ISP. Try setting the secondary DNS server to the Gmail public DNS server (8.8.8.8) so that when the ISP DNS server (the primary DNS server) fails it automatically tries the Gmail one. I used to have to do that due to the Comcast DNS server failing frequently because it was overloaded.

https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-fix-dns_p ... in-chrome/ (has two other solutions to try too)
https://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to ... -browsing/
sjw54

Post by sjw54 »

I seem to have fixed the problem for the moment!!! All is working. Aol is back up and running, and after reentering my passwords for the verizon/aol addresses they are working. I woke up at 3 am over this nonsense!! Thank you for your reply! I did not need to try it....at least for now.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/t ... two-hours/ was published yesterday.

"When users attempt to login they may get errors stating that the IP address for the servers oidc.mail.aol.com or api.login.aol.com could not be found. As these servers are used as part of the login process, it is most likely why user's are having a problem."