Weird window stops tbird in it's tracks

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
lenjack

Weird window stops tbird in it's tracks

Post by lenjack »

W10 with latest Tbird. Last 2 days, this window pops up. Can't get rid of it. Need to use Task Manager to close Tbird. Yesterday, after closing and restarting with Task Manager, it was OK. today, it is not. Help.

Sorry, thought I could show it. It's labeled "Add Security Exception". Then it says "You are about to override how Thunderbird identifies this site."

Then it shows Server
Location: imap.pa.net:143. I believe that is correct for my isp.

It says wrong site. None of the options...Get Certificate, View, Confirm, Cancel, will close this window, rendering Tbird unusable.

Thanks in advance. Probably need to view response on different computer. :? :(
tanstaafl

Re: Weird window stops tbird in it's tracks

Post by tanstaafl »

52.9.1 or 60.0? There are two different latest versions. The latter is not available as a upgrade yet.

The add security exception window doesn't have a red [X] widget in the upper right corner that you can use to close the window, or does it do nothing?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1041573 has a screen shot of that type of window.

When you click on the [Cancel] button does it visually change in any way to show that its been selected/clicked?

See if your problem are due to an add-on by using help -> restart with add-ons disabled, and trying again.
lenjack

Post by lenjack »

Thanks. 52.9.1. Answer to both the other questions is no. Nothing I do or click on has any effect whatsoever. Cannot even close Tbird unless I end task in Task Manager. However, it has apparently resolved itself. I will report back if it reoccurs.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

If it does re-occur please post a screen shot of the window. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
lenjack

Post by lenjack »

OK...Thanks again.