Receiving blank emails from only 1 customer

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
moe19

Receiving blank emails from only 1 customer

Post by moe19 »

I have a customer in China and all of a sudden every email he sends me is blank. No text. No attachment. All I can read is the Subject line. I have the same problem on 2 separate computers both running Thunderbird. The 2 computers are in 2 separate locations. One at my home. One at my office. Same ISP. If I try viewing the email via my ISP's website, I can read the emails. I have made no changes to my Thunderbird software in either computer. He has no problem reading my emails that I send to him using Thunderbird. I do not have this problem with any other customer and he says he does not have any problems sending his emails to anyone else. Any ideas?
DanRaisch

Re: Receiving blank emails from only 1 customer

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried menu path View->Message Body as->Plain text?
If you press Ctrl+U while viewing those blank messages, is there message content visible in the message source display?
moe19

Post by moe19 »

DanRaisch wrote:Have you tried menu path View->Message Body as->Plain text?
If you press Ctrl+U while viewing those blank messages, is there message content visible in the message source display?
That didn't work. Ctrl+U brings up a lot of jibberish. I don't think there is any message content there. Any more thoughts?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

If you click in the blank message area, then press Ctrl+a to highlight all the text, do you see anything?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
moe19

Post by moe19 »

makaiguy wrote:If you click in the blank message area, then press Ctrl+a to highlight all the text, do you see anything?
Nope. Nothing
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

moe19 wrote:
makaiguy wrote:If you click in the blank message area, then press Ctrl+a to highlight all the text, do you see anything?
Nope. Nothing
That eliminates the possibility that they were sent specifying a white color for the font, which would not show on a white background.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

makaiguy wrote:If you click in the blank message area, then press Ctrl+a to highlight all the text...
...and then press Ctrl+C to copy and then paste that into a text editor, does anything appear?
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

You could install the show all body parts add-on at https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... ts/?src=ss and then set view -> message body as -> all body parts. That might help if the reason why the message is blank is the author's email client made some minor error in the layout of the MIME body parts (the different pieces of the message body). Many email clients (and webmail) can ignore most of those types of errors, Thunderbird can't.
moe19

Post by moe19 »

DanRaisch wrote:
makaiguy wrote:If you click in the blank message area, then press Ctrl+a to highlight all the text...
...and then press Ctrl+C to copy and then paste that into a text editor, does anything appear?
Once again, nothing appears.