Sent messages?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
lpvmc

Sent messages?

Post by lpvmc »

Hi,

First about a weird experience: since this morning sent messages are no longer stored in the folder sent messages.I checked the account settings and the setting to store them had been changed, so I restored it. So all is okay again.

But earlier today I have sent several messages which don't show in the sent-box. I used this link (https://support.mozilla.org/nl/kb/profi ... %20bewaart) to look for the profile where all sent messages are supposed to be stored in. Unfortunately I cann't find the right folder/file.

Any suggestions?

Kindest regards, Leo
DanRaisch

Re: Sent messages?

Post by DanRaisch »

You did not say what the designated folder was for storing Sent messages before that setting had changed.
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
lpvmc

Post by lpvmc »

Thanks for your quick respinse,

I received a mail that my mailbox was almost full so that I had to do something to prevent that I could no longer receive/send mails. One the advices was to uncheck one of the account settings: place a copy in the folder 'sent'.

IMAP

I expect that there is a folder where all the messages sent/received etc are stored and that it will be possible to place them whereever I want, right?

KR, Leo
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Yes, that's correct.

You can copy messages out of the Sent folder of the IMAP account and into a new sub-folder of Local Folders created for the purpose. Once the messages are safely present under Local Folder, you can delete them from the server Sent folder.

You can also change the target for saving outgoing messages under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Copies & Folders->Place a copy in->Other->select a sub-folder under Local Folders.
lpvmc

Post by lpvmc »

I think I understand what you mean but... I have to do that tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.

KR, Leo