Can't change password in thunderbird

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
mmikeinsantarosa

Can't change password in thunderbird

Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

I had to reset my att email password and dang if I can find where to make it match up in thunderbird. I've searched for a solution and every one indicates that I should go to options then security and make sure to select the password tab.
My thunderbird doesn't have an options pick but from the screen shots selecting edit->preferences does provide a secruity pick but there isn't a password tab there. And none of the account settings dialogs reveal a password field.

Where do I change the password in thunderbird?

thank
Mike
tanstaafl

Re: Can't change password in thunderbird

Post by tanstaafl »

You delete it , exit, restart and when prompted enter the new value (while also checking the checkmark to save the password). tools -> options -> security -> passwords -> saved passwords in Windows would be edit -> preferences -> security -> passwords -> saved passwords under Linux.

Are you using the hamburger button (aka Thunderbird menu button) or the menu toolbar to do this? I assumed the latter. The security tab normally has Junk, Email Scams, AntiVirus and Passwords tabs underneath it.

Are you using a Thunderbird add-on to integrate the applications menu with a global application menu? There used to be a Thunderbird add-on to do that for Unity.
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

When you open Edit/Preferences/Security, you may see a row of words Junk Email Scams Antivirus Passwords that aren't obviously referring to different tabs, because they aren't clearly displayed as separate buttons. If you click on the word Passwords, the correct tab should display.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1237405
mmikeinsantarosa

Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

sfhowes wrote:When you open Edit/Preferences/Security, you may see a row of words Junk Email Scams Antivirus Passwords that aren't obviously referring to different tabs, because they aren't clearly displayed as separate buttons. If you click on the word Passwords, the correct tab should display.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1237405
I get it now. They're just words, no tabs.

Thanks all - Mike