How to change fonts?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
edmiller

Re: How to change fonts?

Post by edmiller »

No extensions in file explorer are not hidden.
I can open the css file in my html editor.
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

I believe there is something wrong with TB. It, very likely, does not even "look" at the style sheet.
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

Is there any way to verify that TB actually tries to look the CSS up?
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

It's more likely you have a typo somewhere, as the css file in my 2nd reply works here. The userChrome.css file must be in the chrome folder which is a subfolder of the profile folder. The only time TB ignores a valid css file is if it's running in safe mode, but I don't know how to verify if it's reading css in normal mode. Maybe there's a clue in the Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J).
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

I have verified half a dozen times. The css with the correct spelling is located in the chrome folder inside the profiles folder inside the roaming app.
When I access the Error Console I see this message: Unknown property ‘user-select’. Declaration dropped.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Lets eliminate the assumptions.

What is the full path to that userChrome.css file?
What is the content of that file?
What directory does "help -> troubleshooting information -> open folder" open windows explorer/file explorer at?
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

OK, here goes:
Full path: (C:)/users/myname/AppData/Roaming/Thunderbird/Profiles/chrome/userChrome.css
Content of that file is here: https://silvercircle.github.io/software ... underbird/
Open Window opens one of my two e-mail accounts
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

The path should be C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\mpftajqe.default\chrome

The chrome folder is a subfolder of the profile folder, not the Profiles folder.
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

OK, that changes things quite a bit. I was under the apparently erroneous assumption that it chrome was supposed to be a subfolder of the Profiles folder.
I had no idea that the account folder was also called profile folder.
What if i have more than one accounts?
sfhowes

Post by sfhowes »

A profile, defined by a profile folder, can contain multiple accounts, and it's possible to have multiple profile folders contained in the Profiles folder. 'Account folders' are located in the Mail and ImapMail subfolders of a profile folder. Add a new account to an existing profile starting from File/New/Existing Mail Account. Most users don't need multiple profiles, but multiple accounts in a single profile is common.
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

OK, in any case it works now.
Thanks for your patience and the help from all.
Ed
edmiller

Post by edmiller »

Hi Guys,
I'm back!
I am wondering if anyone could help me with one thing in the style sheet?
Everything works fine except that I can't see the right-pointing arrows in the right pane (e.g >Older). I'd like to change their color to white but I can't find anything related to those arrows in the style sheet.