(Resolved) Unable to save TB LDIF file contacts

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
MomAries

(Resolved) Unable to save TB LDIF file contacts

Post by MomAries »

Hello everyone,
I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and I have trouble saving my TB contacts. I had Windows 7 before and I never had a problem updating my LDIF file.

Now on Windows 10 after I click on Contacts >> Export and try to save to my existing LDIF file I do NOT see the Save button.
Why don't I??
Can you please help??? I have no idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by DanRaisch on November 10th, 2018, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Resolved added to subject per OP's report.
Many thanks to all the folks who help me with my problems.
sfhowes

Re: Unable to save TB LDIF file contacts

Post by sfhowes »

Open Address Book, select an address book in the left pane (not All Addresses), Tools/Export, select Save as type: LDIF, click the Save button. If you don't see the Save button, try again while TB is in safe mode (hold Shift when you launch TB).
MomAries

Re: Unable to save TB LDIF file contacts

Post by MomAries »

sfhowes wrote:Open Address Book, select an address book in the left pane (not All Addresses), Tools/Export, select Save as type: LDIF, click the Save button. If you don't see the Save button, try again while TB is in safe mode (hold Shift when you launch TB).
I did not have to run TB in Safe Mode.
What happened was when I clicked on Export I was taken to my computer settings. However ... my existing LDIF file was nowhere to be found in Documents.That was what confused me. I had to type it in in the window to pull up and it WAS pulled up. I did see the Save button this time. That was a bit different from Windows 7. I need to get used to a lot of new things on W10. :P
Thank you for your reply. :wink:
Many thanks to all the folks who help me with my problems.