MozillaZine

how to edit signature in Tbird 60

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
sgolden

Post Posted November 12th, 2018, 3:09 pm

I need to change my signature and can't find the place to do it in 60, which just installed. My old signature still appears in new emails but the field to edit it no longer appears under account settings. Under Composition & addressing the box is ticked for 'include signature for replies' but there is no field for the signature itself. I've gone through all the options and account settings in case it moved but no luck.

makaiguy

Post Posted November 12th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Running 60.3.0 (32-bit) on Win10 Personal here.

Under Tools | Account settings, I still have a text box into which I can enter signature text (with a box above it to check for html).

Tried in Safe Mode?
Doug Wilson, "The Makai Guy"
Win10 (64bit): FF 52.9.0 ESR (64bit), TB 60.6.0 (32-bit) ║ Android 8.0/7.1.1: FF Mobile 65.0.1 No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers

sgolden

Post Posted November 12th, 2018, 4:44 pm

Do I do safe mode thru Windows (Win 7), or does Tbird have that feature?

Also I have 4 add-ons. They all seem to still be functional, but could they be affecting this?

Thank you!

tanstaafl

Post Posted November 13th, 2018, 12:01 am

By safe mode he meant Thunderbird's safe mode (help -> restart with add-ons disabled), which temporarily disables all add-ons. Extensions and themes are add-ons. You can also use safe mode by holding down the shift key when double clicking on the Thundebrird shortcut.

My copy of 60.3.0 has checkboxes for "include signatures for replies" and "include signature for forwards" in Composition and Addressing. However, the place you enter the actual signature is in the parent pane for that account. That's the same pane used to specify the account name, your name and email address. i.e. for gmail it would be tools -> account settings -> gmail, NOT tools -> account settings -> gmail -> composition & addressing. Did you look there?

sgolden

Post Posted November 13th, 2018, 9:30 am

tanstaafl wrote: for gmail it would be tools -> account settings -> gmail, NOT tools -> account settings -> gmail -> composition & addressing. Did you look there?

No I didn't! Just looked now and there it is. Don't need safe mode. I don't know if it's moved or I just forgot it was in that pane (though I did look thru Tbird help files and didn't find it there). But thank you, now I can make my changes.

Return to Thunderbird Support