Bug When Adding New Contact

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
colehill

Bug When Adding New Contact

Post by colehill »

I am not sure whether this is the right place to report a bug - but I will start here and someone can point me in the right direction.

I just went to add a new contact from an incoming email. I have done this many times before - right click the address on the incoming email and choose "Add to Address Book".

By default it will go into "Collected Addresses", which is no good to me - as that won't sync using GContactSync with my other installations. I chose "Edit Contact" and moved it to "Personal Address Book" - and bang! It overwrote my daughter's contact details - that is to say I got the new contact name and email address overwriting my daughter's contact record - still her address, 'phone number and photograph. I suspect that, as my daughter's name is Amy, it may have just chosen the first alphabetic record to overwrite - out of over 1,000.

I can confirm that once I had done this, Amy's contact no longer existed as a separate record - the new contact name had replaced hers.

This has nothing to do with GContactSync, as I didn't synch it then, in fact I went to another machine to sync Amy's details back.

60.3.1 (32-bit) - I have never noticed this behaviour before, so I suspect a recently intoduced bug.

KD