Drag and Drop attachement from mail to mail

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
anue

Drag and Drop attachement from mail to mail

Post by anue »

Dear All
Our company face problem about attached file as below scenario

when we receive email with attached file we want to sent this file to another person ( not forward all e mial )
So we need to create new mail with content and drag attached file from received mail to created mail.
and hit send .

but receicver receive attached file with the wrong file but same name.

what the reason ? what I need to check first.?
tanstaafl

Re: Drag and Drop attachement from mail to mail

Post by tanstaafl »

I just tried that and it worked fine. I was a little worried as it initially said the attachment was 0 bytes when i dragged it to the new message, but it was fine (right name, right size, right contents) when I read the new message later on. I used 60.3.2 under windows 10.

See if your problem is due to the side effects of an add-on by trying again after using "help -> restart with add-ons disabled". I'd also experiment with dragging the attachment to file explorer and then dragging and dropping that copy to the new message, rather than dragging and dropping directly between the two messages.
anue

Re: Drag and Drop attachement from mail to mail

Post by anue »

tanstaafl wrote:I just tried that and it worked fine. I was a little worried as it initially said the attachment was 0 bytes when i dragged it to the new message, but it was fine (right name, right size, right contents) when I read the new message later on. I used 60.3.2 under windows 10.

See if your problem is due to the side effects of an add-on by trying again after using "help -> restart with add-ons disabled". I'd also experiment with dragging the attachment to file explorer and then dragging and dropping that copy to the new message, rather than dragging and dropping directly between the two messages.
Thank you for reply tanstaafl ,
I already recommend my user to save attached file first but it was easier to just drag and drop in between mail .
I will try disable add-on and confirm again the result . Thank you very much.