Problem with adding a security exception

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
pewe

Problem with adding a security exception

Post by pewe »

I use a remote service (Owndrive on a remote server) to sync my calendar and addressbook.
Thunderbird continually notifies me with a warning that the certificate on the server is out of date.
When I click to add the security exception Thunderbird goes in to a loop displaying the error continually and will not register it.

Can anyone tell me how I can either get Thunderbird to add the exception when I ask it to, or prevent the warning displaying continually.

Thanks
tanstaafl

Re: Problem with adding a security exception

Post by tanstaafl »

Their blog at https://portal.owndrive.com/index.php/c ... ient_main/ has:
"Unfortunately we were experiencing connectivity issues towards our services today.

Due to a well-known bug in Cisco IOS with the overload of TCAM Space, a restart of our distribution routers were needed after a patch. In relation to the work of restarting distribution routers in our main DC we experienced hardware issue with one of the routers that led to connectivity issues.

The issue is now solved and we apologize for the inconvenience caused today from around 09:30 to 12:00 CET."

There used to be a workaround if you couldn't add a security exception that involved downgrading to using a older software security scheme (you enabled this by setting a environmental variable) but they removed support for that several years ago.
pewe

Re: Problem with adding a security exception

Post by pewe »

tanstaafl wrote:Their blog at https://portal.owndrive.com/index.php/c ... ient_main/ has:
"Unfortunately we were experiencing connectivity issues towards our services today.

Due to a well-known bug in Cisco IOS with the overload of TCAM Space, a restart of our distribution routers were needed after a patch. In relation to the work of restarting distribution routers in our main DC we experienced hardware issue with one of the routers that led to connectivity issues.

The issue is now solved and we apologize for the inconvenience caused today from around 09:30 to 12:00 CET."

There used to be a workaround if you couldn't add a security exception that involved downgrading to using a older software security scheme (you enabled this by setting a environmental variable) but they removed support for that several years ago.
Thanks for that.
I've just checked and it seems to be OK now. Much appreciated.