Error - "loading messages" hanging everything

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
agilboy

Re: Error - "loading messages" hanging everything

Post by agilboy »

To my great surprise, the "loading messages" has disappeared! I arrived in Senegal and my wifi works well and i have no further problem. Conclusion: your hunch, Dan, that it was not a TB issue and was related to the hotel server, was correct. Funny thing is that I've stayed many times in this hotel and never had a problem. So I was doubtful it was the hotel. Also underscores what wsmwk said about hotels. I'm VERY RELIEVED that TB was not the cause. I was about to create a new profile as the last effort. Thanks again for sticking with me until this got solved. Had I stayed at that hotel longer, I wonder how i could have fixed it. Before leaving I tried "forget" on the hotel wifi icon, thinking maybe this would turn off the wifi, clear out the cache, but when I restarted it, nothing had changed. Strange.

As I said, I learned more TB tricks along the way so it was useful for me, but possibly a drag for you all.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

I learned more TB tricks along the way so it was useful for me, but possibly a drag for you all.
No problem at all. We're here to help. Glad to hear it turned out to be a localized issue.
wsmwk

Post by wsmwk »

agilboy wrote:Had I stayed at that hotel longer, I wonder how i could have fixed it. Before leaving I tried "forget" on the hotel wifi icon, thinking maybe this would turn off the wifi, clear out the cache, but when I restarted it, nothing had changed.
Changing cache would not help. There is likely nothing you can do technically at your end to improve the situation, except change to your phone's hotspot - which is what I sometimes do, especially if I do not trust the security of the hotel's system.