FB mail going to trash

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
robirdman

FB mail going to trash

Post by robirdman »

I notices that FB responses were not being seen and found them in trash.
I never knowingly set this to happen, and is weird because whenever I tried to designate repeated unwanted SPAM as trash, it never made any difference.
How do I undo this and see FB in inbox again?
DanRaisch

Re: FB mail going to trash

Post by DanRaisch »

Select all of those received Facebook messages and press the "N" key to mark them as "Not Junk". Make sure that the address from which those message were sent is included in your Thunderbird address book.
robirdman

Post by robirdman »

I highlighted (selected) 5 emails in trash, coming from Facebook. I pressed the N. It took me out of trash, where those remained, and took me into another unrelated subfolder. Pressing N had given me a box asking to 'advance to the next unread message in' another folder.

They aren't really messages I want to save anyway after reading, just don't want FB replies going to trash automatically as SPAM.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Is Facebook's reply email address in your Thunderbird address book? Check that and also that, under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Junk Settings the following have check marks:

"Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account"
"Personal Address Book"
robirdman

Post by robirdman »

Those are both checked, but Facebook is not in the address book.
When I look at a FB in trash it has a long string of characters before facebook.com related to the specific thread. What should be in the book?
robirdman

Post by robirdman »

Out of suggestions?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You could try a Message Filter: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Filters_%28Thunderbird%29
Set it to "Filter before Junk Classification" and so that "From" + "Contains" + "facebook.com" with the action "Set Junk Status to" + "Not Junk".
If that doesn't work as intended, you could create a new folder and set up the filter to move messages from facebook.com to that new folder. That would act before Thunderbird's Junk classification and make the messages from Facebook invisible to the process.
robirdman

Post by robirdman »

This sounded like a possibility. I clicked on the link and then 'tutorial' at the beginning and got 404 Page Not Found. so I didn't get anywhere.
As far as the previous suggestion, I would need to put into my contacts 'names' from FB such as e+11kfhjq000zg3qjphjn02sgjimsh9ip0000000000000000000000003yq1j@reply.facebook.com
My mail is so screwed up now. On my ASUS laptop, FB goes to trash. Some mail doesn't come into T-bird and is coming into my gmail account, while on my PC there is no mail in T-bird since Feb 6.
All because Godaddy is ending free email on F3b 13 and I am running out of time to make and adaptation.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Some mail doesn't come into T-bird and is coming into my gmail account,
That doesn't sound like a TB issue unless it had something to do user created filters.
How is the account set up in Thunderbird, as POP or IMAP? Find out using menu path Tools->Account Settings->Server Settings->Server Type at the top right of the dialogue.
robirdman

Post by robirdman »

I looked at filters and set to none. Godaddy was ending my free email as of Feb 13, so I set up a gmail account to receive the mail. this resulted in Tbird only receiving a fraction of mail. On the 14th I saw I was still getting mail from the address with Godaddy, so they just were no longer hosting on the server but it was still valid. I created a new gmail account in Tbird and all the mail started coming back there, where I could organize into my existing folders. gmail's interface was so clunky and unfriendly.