Display smileys

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Gloops

Display smileys

Post by Gloops »

Hello everybody,

I had big problems to display smileys, as I completely forgot to uncheck "zoom text only".

Any idea how to set the default zoom ?

I did set a bigger font, but mails are not all displayed with the same size, and I see nothing in the source to explain that.
tanstaafl

Re: Display smileys

Post by tanstaafl »

Check that you are using view -> message body as -> Original HTML in order to see graphic images.

I suggest that rather than changing the zoom level you change the font/font size in messages by using Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced, set the "minimum font size" and uncheck "allow messages to use other fonts". The latter might be why some messages might not use the bigger font.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bad_Eyesight_-_Thunderbird
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Thank you. Mails are displayed as Original HTML.
Perhaps you forgot formatting in the path. I have set a minimum font size and uncheck the authorization to use a more little. Nothing changes in the display. I think I have to verify whether some contents of the mails is targeted by the files in the chrome folder.
Oh in fact the mails seem more homogenous, but still very little, whereas I put 72 as font size.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

Oh, I spoke too quickly.
In the newsgroups, I have got messages displayed very big, and others are displayed like Windows XP displayed size 8.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I don't use newsgroups accounts (just mail) so I don't know whether Tools -> Options -> Display -> Fonts -> Advanced effects them. The official documentation is ambiguous.
Gloops

Post by Gloops »

OK, I shall have to pay attention to different parameters, to try and detect which one is decisive. That can take some time.
Thank you for your answers.