Messages in list indicate 'unread' after I've just read them

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
rick7

Messages in list indicate 'unread' after I've just read them

Post by rick7 »

I have an IMAP account, with a Verizon.net address and server = imap.aol.com. I have the Message Pane off in View, and therefore open an email by either hitting Enter or clicking on it. Very often, some time after I've read the email and closed it and came back to the list, I notice that the email item I just read is back in bold, indicate that it's unread. Any thoughts about why this might be happening? It doesn't happen all the time and this only started happening in the last few months. Maybe when the server is next polled to get mail, it re-reads it from the server and thinks it's new and has never been read?
tanstaafl

Re: Messages in list indicate 'unread' after I've just read

Post by tanstaafl »

Is tools -> options -> display -> advanced configured to automatically mark messages as read on display, or after X seconds?

You might also experiment with seeing if it occurs if all add-ons are disabled (help -> restart with add-ons disabled) since a lot of add-ons are breaking with version 60.*
rick7

Re: Messages in list indicate 'unread' after I've just read

Post by rick7 »

It's set to "Immediately on display". I'll experiment with disabling add-ons. Thanks.