TB 60.4.0 Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
cement_head

TB 60.4.0 Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Post by cement_head »

I'm having trouble formatting my signature in HTML. I've made a single-spaced signature file in LibreOffice Writer and saved it as <*.html>. When I have TB attach the signature from this file, it also ends up being double-spaced. I've un-checked the "Paragraph TEXT" in the TB Preferences, so it should be inserting as a "Body Text", but it doesn't - it inserts it as "Paragraph Text". What am I doing wrong?
sfhowes

Re: TB 60.4.0 Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Post by sfhowes »

It's generally recommended to not use 3rd-party programs to create html signatures. Either enter the html directly, or use the TB message composer and save as an html file.

https://support.mozillamessaging.com/en ... signatures
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

It would be better if you had used a plain text editor like gedit or leafpad and saved the file as plain text.
If it has to be a file make sure you have checked the block, Attach the signature from a file instead (text, html or image)
. . . and made sure the folder or file location is in the block underneath that check block
I know people like to use a separate file for the signature but if not to complicated can be simply typed in with out the use of an editor.
If you wish it in html all you have to do is type it in the text area and check the html box over the text area.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
cement_head

Post by cement_head »

Okay, doing it in TB and saving as a file worked. Thanks!