Thb open offline archive email database-repair access

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
bluenite

Thb open offline archive email database-repair access

Post by bluenite »

Sometimes I need to find some old message or contact. To reduce the size of the e-mail database currently in use, I have access to them through "user_2017" profiles, etc. on disk D. It worked flawlessly for years, but some time ago Thb could not work through these profiles: the wheel rolls (see sshot) as if he could not retrieve the archive file. How to fix it? I tried resetting the settings, reinstalling sw, but after importing the database it does it again. Is there any other way to view old mails without Thb? How do I find these databases damaged?
thanks for any advice
Peter
DanRaisch

Re: Thb open offline archive email database-repair access

Post by DanRaisch »

I'll assume that you are referring to the local mbox message files of a POP type account or an IMAP account set to store local copies of messages for off-line access. You might try using an mbox view utility such as https://sourceforge.net/projects/mbox-viewer/

What is not clear is what you mean by "'user_2017' profile". Are you creating new profiles each year so that the active profile contains messages only from the current year?
bluenite

Re: Thb open offline archive email database-repair access

Post by bluenite »

DanRaisch wrote:I'll assume that you are referring to the local mbox message files of a POP type account or an IMAP account set to store local copies of messages for off-line access. You might try using an mbox view utility such as https://sourceforge.net/projects/mbox-viewer/

What is not clear is what you mean by "'user_2017' profile". Are you creating new profiles each year so that the active profile contains messages only from the current year?
Got more profiles regarding my old messages, which I use to find sometimes old informations. Not every year, but if I have huge active mbox file (about 800MB each). thx for tip for that viewer ;-)