Send Later no longer working

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
i_am_jim

Send Later no longer working

Post by i_am_jim »

I'm using Version 60.6.1. Apparently the addon Send Later does not work with this version. Are there plans to get it working again?
DanRaisch

Re: Send Later no longer working

Post by DanRaisch »

The built-in function is working fine here. Or are you using some extension related to that function?
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

I didn't know there was a builtin function. For several years I've used an add-in
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... -3/?src=ss

You use the send-later-3 add-on if you want to schedule when the message is sent. It enhances the built-in send later feature, which just places it in the outbox folder. Version 6.4.6 of that add-on seems to work with my copy of TB 60.6.1. I got the dialog box asking me when I wanted to schedule it etc.

AFAIK you only need to set extensions.strictCompatibility false to install an add-on that doesn't say it supports version 60.*. The install.rdf file inside the add-on says it requires a minimum of 32.0a1 and supports up to 60.*, so you shouldn't need to change any settings to use it with 60.6.1
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

tanstaafl wrote:AFAIK you only need to set extensions.strictCompatibility false to install an add-on that doesn't say it supports version 60.*. The install.rdf file inside the add-on says it requires a minimum of 32.0a1 and supports up to 60.*, so you shouldn't need to change any settings to use it with 60.6.1
Setting extensions.strictCompatibility to false has it working again.

Thanks